Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon, Inc. (P3R) is partnering with several community-based organizations throughout Allegheny County to bring our Kids of STEEL program to underserved communities - creating Project R.U.N. (Reaching Underserved Neighborhoods).
Project R.U.N. will provide complimentary race registrations and transportation to selected youth-serving organizations. In addition, during 2015, three of the selected sites will receive enhanced programming.
Our three sites selected to receive enhanced programming this year are: Bethany House Academy in Northview Heights, Homewood Children’s Village in Homewood and Hosanna House in Wilkinsburg. They will receive the following:
- Complimentary registrations for the 2015 Toyota of Pittsburgh Kids Marathon, provided by 7-Eleven
- Funds to transport children and 1-2 family members to the Toyota of Pittsburgh Kids Marathon
- Running shoes for any child in need of new shoes as identified by neighborhood organizations
- Money to fund food tastings 1-2 times each month from January – April
- Specialized nutrition education curriculum from Nick Fischer, RD, LDN
In addition to working with children through these three organizations, our staff will work with each organization individually to see where we can make the biggest impact in the community.
For more information or to get involved in Project R.U.N., please contact us at email@example.com.