The Run For A Reason Charity Program presented by Bank of America is for passionate runners like you who want to make a difference and change lives. Connect your passion with purpose and commit to fundraise for a meaningful cause close to your heart.
Charity registration will open on August 1, 2017 for the 2017-2018 season. Please check back for the list of official charities you can run for FREE with your commitment to fundraising.
Each official charity sets their own fundraising requirements to earn a race entry for any of the DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon race weekend of events. On average, charity runners can expect to raise the following amounts:
- $500 - DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon
- $350 - UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon
- $1,000 - FedEx Ground Pittsburgh Marathon Relay (per team)
- $150 - UPMC Health Plan/Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5K
- $50 - Toyota Pittsburgh Kids Marathon
- $50 - Rachel Ray Nutrish Pittsburgh Pet Walk
If you are with a nonprofit organization that is interested in recruiting runners to fundraise for you using the DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon race weekend of events as a platform, please fill out the interest form to be contacted by a Run for a Reason representative or email email@example.com.