Date: Saturday, May 6, 2017
Start: 8:00 AM
|August 3 -||$30|
Visit the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo on Friday, May 5, 2017 between 11:00 AM and 8:00 PM and look for the UPMC Health Plan/UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5K Run booth. Click here for Expo hours and location. Please note that 5K participants will not receive a race packet confirmation ticket ahead of time. Race numbers will be sorted and picked up alphabetically by last name.
If a participant is unable to pick up a packet in person during regular GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo hours, someone else may pick up on the participant's behalf. The person picking up the packet is required to provide their photo ID and a complete packet pickup slip.
You may also pick up your race number, shirt and bag on race morning, Saturday, May 6, 2017, near the start line on the North Shore starting at 6:30 AM.
Turn by turn directions for the course can be found here.
The UPMC Health Plan/UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5K Run begins on the North Shore and runs through the North Side before crossing several bridges and finishing at the official finish line downtown.
- USA Track and Field certified course
- Fluid and medical aid stations are positioned along the course
- Water and Gatorade will be offered at every fluid station
- No refunds or deferments of entry fees
- Participants 14 years old or older may run on their own
- Participants 5-13 years old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian (child and parent/guardian must both be registered)
- Paper/mail-in registrations will not be accepted after January 1, 2017
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, baby joggers, strollers, roller skates and roller blades are not permitted on the course
- Animals are not permitted on the course
- Headphones (iPods, mp3 players, CDs, tape walkmans, radios, etc.) are discouraged
Course Time Limits
City streets, police offices and support are contracted for specific times and cannot be extended. Participants must meet at least a 14:00 min/mile pace.
If you cannot adhere to the scheduled time/pace per mile listed on the schedule, you must move to the sidewalk so traffic can resume. If you choose to continue after the course has reopened, there will be no medical support, fluid stations, or course marshals at intersections, and the course will no longer be marked. Participants after that time will not be guaranteed a time or medal.
Race Results/Finishers Certificates
Congratulations to all of the 2016 participants! Click here to view results for Saturday, April 30, 2016.
Click on any event below to download your 2016 finisher certificate.
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon
- UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon
- FedEx Ground Pittsburgh Marathon Relay
- UPMC Health Plan/UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5K Run
For timing related issues ONLY, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see the official photos from our official photography partner MarathonFoto.
All finishing participants will receive a finisher medal.
Prizes will be awarded for the top three finishers for the 5K in the following age categories for men and women: 9 & Under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79 and 80+
- Age category awards are based on chip time not gun time.
- Age category awards will be mailed once official race results have been submitted. Please allow 3-4 weeks post-race for awards to be mailed out.
- Overall category winners are not eligible for age group awards.
For results from previous years, please click here.
We want to help you successfully meet your race goals this May! Whether it's completing the Marathon under 4 hours or beating the course time limits, we're offering training support to meet your needs. Check out the options below and find the one that's best for you.
Steel City Road Runners
The Steel City Road Runners is Pittsburgh's largest running club. RRCA and USATF certified coaches offer customized training plans for marathon and half marathon participants as well as for beginners. The group meets three times a week for speed workouts, tempo training and long runs. Click here for more information on the Steel City Road Runners
The Ucan2 program is currently offered twice yearly through the Steel City Road Runners Club. This program utilizes a verified run-walk method developed specifically for the most novice runner. This 8-week program works towards the goal of participants completing their first 5K or improving upon a previous 5K performance.
Individuals will begin their program by learning basic concepts of form and technique. Gradually you will add mileage and speed just in time for your race. Your final week will conclude with a certified 5K race.